THE SAMANTHA MENDENHALL SONGWRITER’S FUND
On November 20th, 2015 we lost a good friend and longtime client. Samantha Mendenhall was a songwriter living in California who left an impact on us with her authentic music. We had the honor of making music with her up until her sudden passing. We started the Samantha Mendenhall Songwriter’s Fund to honor her memory, raise awareness for Borderline Personality Disorder, and to help other independent songwriters make music. We feel that this is what she would have wanted.
EVERY SUMMER WE DONATE $1000 TO A HARDWORKING INDEPENDENT SONGWRITER
TO VOTE FOR AN APPLICANT PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
SUBMISSION RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Songwriter must be a resident of the U.S.A.
- Cannot be a current Songwriting Team client
- Songwriter must completely fill out the submission form
- Songwriters can share this page and have people vote for them (send votes to [email protected])
- A celebration ceremony will be held every July in Nashville (long distance winners don’t have to attend)
- Prize money will be paid via check every July
- Funds must be used for a producing/recording/promoting a song that will be released in the same year
- Winner must do a follow up interview to discuss the project (to be held accountable for completing the project)
- Any questions can be sent to: [email protected]
- Winners will be selected based on a combination of the application info, votes, and buzz.
FENDER MUSIC FOUNDATION
The Fender Music Foundation is a non-profit that was launched by Fender Instruments. Their primary mission is to help provide instruments to education programs around the world. We share the same passion for helping kids learn how to express themselves through music. For me (Daniel) it is a very personal matter. For the most part my childhood was perfect, but there we’re some traumatic and abusive events that occurred which have shaped my life. Music was all around me when I was a kid. We had a piano, guitars, drums, and music classes at my school. Although I was too young to express my feelings about the abuse that happened to me… I was able to express my feelings by slamming on instruments. Little did I know that music would impact my recovery and my life forever. Let’s make that happen for other kids!
On select months throughout the year we donate 5% of our total monthly income to the Fender Music Foundation. This contribution helps them purchase and donate instruments to schools and children in need. We will announce these pledge months on our mailing list. If you’d like to donate directly to the Fender Music Foundation then you can do so here. Thank you for help us help them!